Monday, November 10, 2008

Fun Weekend in Idaho

This past weekend we went up to Idaho Falls. It was quite eventful - there were lots of things to do and people to see.

We arrived late Friday night - more like early Saturday. Aaron was taking a test so we didn't get to leave Provo until very late. But, that gave Colby (my brother) and I a chance to head over to Brig and Steph's to wish Brig a happy birthday, play with the babies, and eat dinner at Brick Oven before we left on Friday

Saturday, Aaron and I went to the Rexburg temple for Jenni's (my good friend from Texas) first time through the temple! Jenni is going on a mission to Chicago in January and I am so excited for her! The Rexburg temple is so beautiful and it was so great to be there with her and her family. As we were walking up the stairs after the session, we saw Aaron's good friend Thomas. He was going to be sealed to his wife in half and hour! Him and his wife got married civily in June and since she is a convert, they were able to be sealed this weekend. They invited us to attend - and so we did! It was wonderful experience. It was the first sealing we had been to since our own, and it was great to hear everything again - especially since our wedding day was so incredibly hectic. It was a great reminder of our commitment to each other.

Aaron and I being goofy in front of the Rexburg Temple
A nice picture.

My Bro

Saturday night was a lazy night at the Lairds'. We ordered Chinese food and watched I Am Legend and Kung Fu Panda. I would not recommend I Am Legend - it scared me so much! And not the good kind of scary either...

Sunday we attended church and then my grandparents and my dad were able to join us at the Lairds' for the afternoon for a delicious dinner and poker! My grandpa recently put my grandma in an Alzheimer's facility in Idaho Falls and he rents a little house nearby her. My dad came up for the weekend to help him out with some things and just to visit.

It was a great weekend and we were sad it had to end! Hopefully we'll be able to make it up to Idaho again soon!

No comments: