It was a surreal experience being back in Utah. I can't believe I'm no longer a BYU student!? Being back in that area made me really miss my BYU experience and just Provo in general, especially given some of the frustrations that I have had with my VCU/graduate school experience (like Program Directors who are NOT Nora Nyland). Anyways, it was soooo good to visit and I already miss everyone there.
I arrived in Utah 1 day before Aaron (his school schedule is much more rigid than mine) so my dear friend Emily picked me up at the airport and we got to hang out for a whole day. Our first stop was at a documentary in Ogden. Some family friends of mine in Houston created a viral marketing plan involving a homeless man named Tim and a website called Pimp This Bum. There was a special screening that night in Ogden so I convinced Emily to go with me (free tickets helped!). It was really well done and I'm glad we had the chance to go see it. (Sidenote: we were running late so we ate tacos from a taco truck in downtown Ogden. They were surprisingly good, but as dietitians we obviously chose beef because we figured we wouldn't get sick as easily as we would with chicken)
Saturday we made an attempt at hiking the Y (too much snow) and then went a flute concert for Emily's friend. Then we stuck to tried and true tradition and saw a double feature at the dollar theater - Leap Year and then The Lovely Bones. And we had dinner at In N Out just for good measure. I got to see Megs for an hour before I met up with Aaron later that night.

No comments:
Post a Comment