My parents and grandpa came back to visit us for Thanksgiving! My mom really wanted to do an "authentic-ish" meal and day at Colonial Williamsburg so we did just that. We spent the day at Colonial Williamsburg followed by a candlelit dinner at the Shields Tavern. We attended a Thanksgiving day worship service, visited the sites, tried to stay warm, as well as attending a nighttime ghost walk and witch trial. The funniest part was my grandpa swearing over and over again that the supposed "witch" got "railroaded" because she was found guilty. He couldn't seem to grasp that in the 1600s, she would have most definitely been found guilty no matter how innocent. Anyways, fun trip, hardly any pictures. the end.
We also celebrated Christmas with my parents. My parents got us a Cutco knife set that we (I) are in love with. We had some decent knives, but nothing like Cutco. When we saw my parents at Labor Day, I told them all I wanted for Christmas was money for Lasik Eye Surgery. My mom told me that was too bad because she had already done Christmas for the both of us. I speculated about it for months, but I was seriously in shock when I opened up the knives. Thanks mom and dad! :) Grandpa also gave us some money that helped us go skiing in Idaho at Christmas.
We also went to Production in Richmond of Irving Berlin's White Christmas thanks to an awesome groupon. It was very well done and the perfect start to the Christmas season.
It was a wonderful Thanksgiving break and we have so much to be thankful for!
2 comments:
I should have told you that you could have done your own lasik eye surgery with the gift I was giving you . . that would have really fueled some speculation!
That is the coolest Thanksgiving ever! How fun and authentic{ish}. ;) We've done the ghost tours before; they are awesome!
Post a Comment