Monday, April 20, 2009

At Least I'm Graduating Right?

Well, this past week has been quite the emotional roller coaster. (We had a GREAT Easter weekend, which I will blog about later).
On Wednesday, Colby and I went to "The Great Kerfuffle," a concert up at the University of Utah. Girl Talk and Lupe Fiasco were set to perform. We were super excited to go and we had a great time, despite all of the weed. Last week the weather in Utah turned psycho and it snowed in April. On our way home from Salt Lake, the snow got really bad and started seriously accumulating on the road around when we got to Orem on I-15. Colby was driving and he slowed down appropriately. Our focus was getting home safely, no matter how long it took. Somewhat out of nowhere, I saw a mini-van pull up on the left side of us, going too fast for the conditions. He fishtailed into our driver's side door and then continued driving and did donuts on the highway ahead of us. It was scary and I was freaking out. Colby and I came out of the accident unscathed but it was still frightening.
The guy didn't want to go through insurance because he worked for a body shop and wanted to fix it. Aaron and I later drove by this body shop and decided immediately that we wanted to go through his insurance. Yes - it was that sketchy. We've filed a claim with his insurance but until it gets sorted out, we're still driving a car that looks like this...



The car has some other problems that we've need to take care of too (transmission flush and battery replacement) so this really compounds the problems.

Some Good News in the midst of all of that - I took my last undergraduate final EVER, but I didn't do quite as well as I had hoped...I think I will still get a decent grade but I may have lost my A-.

Finally, last night was the infamous night of logging on to the DND Digital website for Dietetic Internship Computer Matching. I did not get matched to an internship. This was really disappointing, but I have hope for what is to come. I will be participating in the second round for internships and I am also considering applying to the MPA program at VCU. Surprisingly, I am feeling pretty confident about it all. One of my professors today told me that I have "a very strong application." Coming from this particular professor, it's a big deal!! So I guess we'll see what happens!!

1 comment:

Emmers said...

If Fulms said it, she meant it :) You are a rock star.