Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Idaho Falls So Far

We've been having a blast this summer. Aaron's temping job hasn't been working out since I've been back (one phone call about waving a sign like the Little Caesars guy over the weekend - he didn't take the job) so he's also been working up at my Grandpa's cabin with me. In addition to working, we've done our fair share of playing as well.

Two weeks ago, while at my Grandpa's, Ryan and Lisa came up and we ate at my Grandpa's favorite restaurant, Boondocks, and played some poker. Aaron and I came up short and ended up as the big losers. Lucky that it wasn't our last poker game of the summer! We played the next week with my grandpa and his friends and we turned out to be the big winners! Aaron won four dollars (which is a lot since we only play nickel and dime poker)!

We've also spent some time with the Lairds, we headed up to their cabin in Island Park for a night (we couldn't stay longer - the mosquitoes were horrible), went to the Rexburg airshow, played tennis, visited the Rexburg temple, watched the Bachelorette, among other fun activities. We can't believe how fast time is going!

We also went camping with some of Aaron's old friends last week. I don't really camp that often - I don't mind being dirty and cooking over a fire - I just like to have a bathroom. I've never squatted in the wilderness until last week. It was a fun night either way and Aaron makes a mean tin foil dinner!

We also went to Bear Lake this past weekend but that is exciting enough for its own blog - coming soon. The coming week is full of reunions, parties, and memorials and should be a great time despite how busy it will be.

No comments: