Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Monticello, DC, and Mount Vernon

Aaron's parents came to visit just four days after my parents left! We were VERY busy with visitors to say the least! We enjoyed it of course and would love to have more! We have an extra bedroom and bed so anyone is welcome!

John and Linda spent their first weekend here seeing stuff with out us. They arrived on a Thursday night for a 9 day visit. Aaron had fall break the following week but not until after his Anatomy final on Monday morning. I didn't have a fall break at all, but I only have classes Monday - Wednesday. I had a twenty page paper to work on and Aaron had to study. So they went and saw the downtown Richmond stuff we saw with my parents and then went up to DC for a White House tour they were lucky enough to snag tickets to (although it was in the middle of the TEA party's protest...).

On Monday after Aaron's anatomy final, he went up to Monticello with his parents. I had been when I was kid so it was ok that they had to go without me. Monticello is so beautiful so I would like to go again though...lucky its so close!


Tuesday morning they hopped on a bus up to DC. Apparently it was pretty sketchy, sorry about that! They went to the Holocaust museum and some of the Smithsonians. After my Wednesday night class, I drove up to join them.

Thursday we went to Ford's Theater. The actual theater was closed because they were setting up for a play but we were able to see the museum and the House where Lincoln died.



After that, John went to the Spy Museum and the rest of us went to American Art Museum and the National Portrait Gallery across the street. We didn't have much time but I just loved looking at the architecture! The buildings here are one of the reasons I am loving the east/south. There is so much history all around!


I am not really an Obama fan...it was the newest addition to the National Portrait Gallery and I have to document history!


Beautiful architecture...

That night we went to the Washington DC Temple! It is the nearest temple to us and it is HUGE! I don't think the pictures we got really capture its massiveness and beauty!



Mount Vernon was our main stop for Friday. We ended up in Downtown Alexandria for brunch and I just loved the architecture there too!


Mount Vernon was beautiful! We spent a long time there in the museums and learning centers.



We had a lovely week with John and Linda and we're lucky that they were able to come visit!

1 comment:

Blogger-In-Chief said...

If anyone is welcome, i am going to send the twins to stay with you for about 18 years. Thanks for the offer!

-Brig