Tuesday, October 27, 2009

DENVER!

Wow, so it has been a little while since I have posted. I wish I could say we've been doing tons of fun stuff but we really haven't been! We are both so busy with school!

I went to Denver for the American Dietetic Association's Annual Meeting - also known as the Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo (FNCE!!!) about two weeks ago. I went to tons of interesting classes and met up with a ton of my friends that I graduated with. I LOVED it and I am definitely planning on Boston next year.

At the Colorado Convention Center there was this huge bear outside...

2009 dietetics class reunion!
Dinner at Cheesecake factory with Sisters McGuire and Duncan on Saturday
The Expo portion is basically a free for all or "trick or treating for adults." Annie and I are enjoying some free ice cream.
BYU girls showing off their bags full of free stuff!
Sunday night we had dinner at a pizza place and then a fireside with the Sisters at a nearby church.
Monday night we ate at Dave and Busters, saw the movie Whip IT and then went "synchronized swimming" at the hotel. I have a video of it but I'm pretty sure I do NOT want to post it...Here's some pictures though.

Kathy modeling all of her free stuff! I only came with a carry-on bag so I couldn't bring home a bunch of stuff like everyone else who drove. I did come home with a small haul though!

It am so glad I went - I needed a fun girls weekend and my passion for dietetics was renewed!

2 comments:

The Fox Family said...

how fun!!! It's always so good to get a girl's break! ;)

Megs said...

Is that the disgusting purple leotard that I see emily wearing??