Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Winter Travels - Part 2 - Texas

Aaron, my grandpa, and I flew out of Baltimore on December 15th. We spent the week-ish working at my parents’ dental office and celebrating Christmas. I work with my mom doing business stuff and Aaron worked as an extra “float” dental assistant for the Christmastime rush. Grandpa made dinner for everybody at the end of the day. At first, when this was our plan, Aaron didn’t really seem to want to work over the break. However, I could tell that everyday when he came home he was so excited about what he was doing and that we actually applying what he had learned in dental school to a real life setting. He was always coming home and asking questions. I could tell that he really enjoyed it. 

We celebrated Christmas on Sunday, December 20th, since we were going to be in Costa Rica for Christmas Day. We had a good time opening presents with everybody. I (Aaron too I guess) made my mom a book of our blog that we kept of our trip to Europe this summer…she loved it! And we also got my dad “the best headphones ever.” We got grandpa a short-sleeve Hawaiian style shirt for Costa Rica and he wore it probably four times while we there. We did pretty good I think! I also got some new clothes, jewelry, a sunrise alarm clock and a facial! Aaron got a new suit from my parents and a new iPod from me! Lucky us!


Grandpa Opening His Shirt From Us


Me opening goodies from my stocking...Yes, I chopped off my hair and I LOVE IT. AND my sweater kept my mom laughing ALL DAY....props to Emily and Megan for this gem of a sweater from DI....It is truly the gift that keeps on giving. Singing cats are my fave.

Aaron modeling his new suit by the Christmas Tree.

We also got to talk to my brother, Colby, on that day. He’s been on his mission in Fresno, California since April and he is doing really well – he was even made a zone leader recently! We all went up to my parents office and we were able to conference call him from all of the office phones. It was so good to hear his voice and to hear about how he was doing. He was really strict with the time and stuck to the 45 minute rule though. It was also really cool to hear him and Aaron speak Spanish to each other!

I also made this beautiful apple-pear pie for Christmas dessert, please admire!


We also taught my Grandpa the wonders of technology...He got a new cell phone for Christmas and my mom also tried to teach him how to use the Nintendo DS. We try to keep him with the times...and only moderately succeed.




After we got back from Costa Rica, we rang in the new year exhausted from all of our adventures. Aaron and grandpa returned to the East Coast on Sunday the 3rd while I remained with my parents for two more weeks to work some more ( I do their end of year tax preparation and some close-out and it’s much easier to do if I’m there) since I don’t start school until January 19th (Aaron started back on the 4th).

1 comment:

Emmers said...

LOVE the singing kittens. Christmas Apparel Wednesday was the best.