Monday, October 18, 2010

Philly Art

We met my parents in Philadelphia for Labor Day weekend. We had a great weekend. We drove up Friday night, picked up my parents at the the Philly airport and drove to our hotel. We were staying in the heart of downtown; right near City Hall.

Our first day there, we slept in a little and then headed out to brunch. It is hard to get anywhere in the morning when four people are sharing one hotel room and one bathroom. We ate a fabulous place for breakfast, Sabrina's. We all got something the different but the roasted potatoes are to die for. We then wandered around exploring the area and we happened upon a unique part of town. We found Philadelphia's Magic Gardens, a mosaic garden made completely by one artist, Isaiah Zagar. My mom and I went it and we had a fun time exploring the garden.







Following our excursion at the Magic Gardens, we dragged the guys to see more art, over to the Rodin Museum and the Philadelphia Museum of Art. My mom and I missed the Rodin museum while we were in Paris last year and so Rodin was at the top of our list.

The Rodin museum was small but very intimate and there were some incredible sculptures there. 




Next up, the Philadelphia Museum of Art! Now not only is Philly's art museum famous because it's amazing, but it also has the most famous art museum steps you've ever seen...


Dad and Aaron had a race up the steps.





As many know, I am borderline obsessed with Vincent Van Gogh. Starry Night is on the wall of my living room. I wish I could afford a humongous one so it could be the focal point of my living room. Anyways, I had NO IDEA that Van Gogh's Sunflowers were at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. My purse was at the coat check but I had my phone. 
I love Van Gogh.

That night we had dinner at the White Dog Cafe near Penn and it was fabulous as well...review coming on my food blog. We also saw Inception at the IMAX. Trippy.

1 comment:

Grant said...

I saw the famous stairs and was instantly hearing the rocky theme song in my head - dun dun daaaaaa dunna dunna daaaa....how motivating!