I think I've finally made some decisions about internships! I've been letting the stress of Aaron not hearing from all the dental schools yet get to me...It hasn't been going according to plan!! We were supposed to KNOW already! Aaron has been accepted to the Virginia Commonwealth University Dental School in Richmond, VA, which is awesome!! but it is not our first choice. AND they want a decision and a non-refundable deposit by January 16th...
Anyways, I decided yesterday that I can't get bogged down by it anymore, and realized I still have some options available to me. SO, I made the executive decision yesterday to apply to the Utah State University DISTANCE Dietetic Internship. I have to find my own preceptors and everything, but I am up to the challenge. I'll set everything up for Phoenix (Aaron's first choice dental school is in Mesa/Phoenix), and then if our plans change, I can switch preceptors, cities, etc! It's not as easy as I'm making it sound, but I'm excited to make it happen.
I'll also apply to the 6 month University of Houston internship (living apart for 4-5 months isn't that bad - airplanes may just be the greatest invention ever), and I'm considering a 7 month internship in Phoenix too. I may consider some internships in Virginia too if we end up taking the offer from VCU but still wait to hear from others.
The USU internship requires that I take the GRE - I haven't studied so I'm headed for some major cramming in the next 2 weeks - I'm taking it January 13th and hoping my results will come in time!!
No comments:
Post a Comment