Monday, December 8, 2008

Thanksgiving

I'm a late blogger...maybe one day I will post things the day they happen..hah.

So we went to Texas for Thanksgiving and we had a blast! Aaron and my dad worked on Wednesday while my mom and I did girl stuff...shopping, etc. We all met up for dinner and ate at this amazing restaurant at the galleria. We debated between Pappasito's and Gigi's Asian Bistro and Dumpling Bar. We chose Gigi's. It was so delicious. We were going to sit outside but then I saw that they had these individual rooms with curtains and I had to sit there. Here we are after stuffing ourselves full of delicious asian fusion food.
Afterward, my mom and I saw The Secret Life of Bees (soooo good) while the boys saw the new James Bond movie.
Thursday, we had thanksgiving dinner at the Olsen's with the Olsen's and the Swan's. I got updates on my awesome missionary friends (Tonya in France and Megan in New Hampshire). We had a delicious dinner with good company and fun game of cranium afterwards. We split up the families and my team won! Woohoo Merv and Gail!
The table set for dinner!

The whole group...Steve running in and not quite beating the autotimer...
Aaron obviously ate too much turkey.
My fam.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, we went to Canyon of the Eagles, a lodge in Burnet, Texas. It was in the beautiful hill country, near Austin. We "roughed it" with no TV and made all our own meals in our rooms with a microwave, a george foreman grill, a griddle, and a panini maker. We did a lot of hiking and it was a lot of fun. Aaron got to see some foreign Texas creatures he'd never seen before, like armadillos and cactus.
Friday night, we were supposed to go to a "star party." The Austin Astronomical Society has an observatory at Canyon of the Eagles and we were excited to actually maybe recognize constellations and use a super huge telescope. It got cancelled sadly, but we hiked up to the observatory anyway with blankets and laid down and just looked at the stars.

Us at the observatory
The CLOSED observatory

We also went on a lot of hikes...Saturday night we went near sunset and there were so many incredible photo opportunities, but I forgot my camera! Sad day.
Aaron got some pictures one day though...
Anyways, a really fun trip, despite the all the bug bites we got!

No comments: