Saturday, February 21, 2009

President's Day Weekend

We had a really fun President's Day weekend. My parents came into town and our weekend was filled with adventures!

1. Colby opened his mission call. I'm so proud of my brother - he was called to the Fresno, Ca mission, Spanish Speaking! He leaves April 29th - right after graduation - so that weekend will also be very busy for my family. He'll be going through the temple when my parents come back in March, and I've already been helping him by going to the Missionary Mall, Mr. Mac etc to find clothes.


Reading his call!

2. We also had a delicious dinner at Tucano's to celebrate!!

3. My grandpa came down from Idaho Falls to be with us! My grandma is at an Alzheimer's care facility up there and he can't seem to leave her. My parents finally convinced him to get away and come hang out with us. Other than being constanly worried about my grandma, he's been great. He also makes a great breakfast for everyone before we all hit the slopes in the morning.


Colby and grandpa looking at his missionary packet...Brady too.

4. Skiing at Park City. My mom gets the same ski instructor every time she goes up to Park City. I didn't go with her at Christmastime, but I've been feeling like there are some areas/ski techniques that I could improve on. So I spent half a day on Saturday and half a day on Monday with the instructor and my parents and the instructor really helped me out! I feel like I'm 10 times the skiier I was the week before!

5. We took a family picture. We took our first family picture with Aaron in it, and our last with Colby for two years!


My mom and I all matchy-matchy before the picture.

6. Brigham, Stephanie, and the babies came up to hang out with us on the last night. Even though they live in Provo, we still don't get to see them as much as we would like! We had a fun time with them.


Mason and I eating banana pudding.


Dad, Brig, and Alex


Aaron eating pudding!


Me and Colby!

I love it when my parents come to town - we always have such a great time!

No comments: