Monday, August 15, 2011

3 Years

Today is our three year anniversary. I look at the past three years and I think about how good life has been. And when I think about when it hasn't been so good, and I know it's been that much better because we have each other.


We celebrated on Saturday as I had work today of course and Aaron has a test tomorrow. We spent our day at home and then since our dinner reservation wasn't until much later, we spent the evening driving Young Men and Women in our branch to their Seminary Kick-Off and then to the Stake Dance. It's funny because I think in the past we (or maybe just I) would have complained, but in the end, we felt so happy that we helped the youth. We've learned a lot and grown together since we've started going to the branch this year, and it was a fun way to celebrate how far we've come. Anyways, after carting around youth, we went to Melting Pot, stuffed our faces, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The chocolate fondue is always my favorite. We talked about what we've accomplished in the past year and what we hope for in the year to come.


Thanks Aaron for a wonderful three years and I can't wait for the rest!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Yay Lairds! Congrats on the 3 years. :)

(And what champs to spend your day with the youth.)

Ryan and Lisa Applonie said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! love you guys :)

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary! Ours was this month too! August is a good time to get married! Mmm...I love the Melting Pot. :)