Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Don't start a goal to start blogging more right before finals

WOW, this past two to three weeks have been crazy. As previously mentioned, I even quit facebook (and I achieved my goal...I didn't log in for two whole weeks!). I've been cooking but I have to say some of the food has been substandard. I don't even have a picture of one dish just because I don't like it.

Aaron and I are both DONE for the semester! (Although, he starts summer school next week and will also be studying for the first part of the national board exam...we don't have much of a summer). We're going to enjoy this next week, live it up, and hopefully eat really well!

Here's what we've been eating the past two weeks...

Smoked Gouda Macaroni & Cheese
from cooking light
We had leftover Gouda from the chicken sausage pizza and I needed to use it. So I found a mac and cheese recipe. Oddly enough, we made it twice, which worked well since it was easy and it was during finals. It's a surprisingly healthy recipe (complete with spinach!) but I only liked it when it came right out of the oven. You know how some recipes only get better the next day? This is NOT one of them. Aaron loved it everyday though, so I'm glad he enjoyed it. 




A Pretty Salad
me 
We bought some fresh greens from the Farmer's Market and we improvised a salad. We had half a leftover red pepper and it added a great crunch to the salad.


Shrimp and Feta with Angel Hair
from my mom
No picture of this. This dish wouldn't go away, it made so much and the shrimp was not as fresh as I would have liked. Every time we reheated it, our apartment smelled for hours. Yuck. Not a keeper.  
 
Sam's White Chicken Chili
from my mom
This was probably my favorite recipe of the past two weeks. It's so easy and SO delicious. The pictures are totally wrong (and not that good) too because I forgot sprinkle cheese and chips on top! I completely forgot about it - Aaron had to remind me later. The chili doesn't even need the stuff on top.


2 comments:

lovintheempteenest said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm hungry - you are getting way more cooking in than I am. What shrimp recipe was that? What were the ingredients? I don't recognize?