So I like art. My BFF Megan likes art. She lives in DC. The Philly art museum is basically awesome and had another exhibit featuring Gauguin, Cezanne, and Matisse. So we decided to make it a girls weekend and go. We left Friday afternoon and made it to Philly around 8. Megan works for PWC and travels nearly every week so she's got a lot of hotel points - she hooked us up with an awesome room at Le Meridien hotel in downtown Philly. We went out and grabbed some dinner at a restaurant and then came back to the hotel so we could get to sleep.

I've been running recently. I have never really been a fan of running. I got a gym membership in January and I just didn't feel like the elliptical was cutting it, so I started running. Slowly. My goal was to run a 5k in the fall at some point, but I didn't have a specific race or anything picked out yet. Then Megan asked if I wanted to run a 5k with her while we were in Philly (She was gearing up for a half in October). I was nervous since I hadn't quite made it up to 3 miles yet but I said yes! So we signed up for a Relay for Life 5k in Horsham, PA. We got up on Saturday morning, stopped for a Luna Bar on the way at a sketchy Walgreens and went to the race. I was really worried I was going to be too slow for Megan, since she's seasoned, but we ran it together and finished in 30:40. We walked for about 15 seconds at the water stop halfway through. I felt awesome throughout the whole race. I don't know that I'm ever up for doing a marathon or even a half, but running isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.


Anyways, after the race, we went back to the hotel to get cleaned up and we walked over to Old City to get some Philly Cheese Steaks at Campo's. My first Philly Cheesesteak experience two years ago was not pleasant, but this place was so good and the bread was incredible. Two thumbs up for Campo's. After that we saw the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Congress Hall, and a few other sights around the area. We also stopped and got manicures and pedicures. After that, we went to 5 Guys for dinner and then saw the movie
Queen of Versailles, about an extremely wealthy family who was trying to duplicate Versailles for their home in Florida, when the economy tanked and they had to stop.
On Sunday we went to sacrament meeting near Penn/Drexel and then hit up the Sabrina's at Drexel for their awesome brunch. From there we went to the Rodin museum and were able to do the guided tour and after that headed to the Museum of Art where we saw the Visions of Arcadia exhibit. It was a really fascinating exhibit, but very crowded (just like Van Gogh). We took our picture with Rocky and on the steps. We also got our picture with the LOVE statue and then stopped for pretzels on our way out.
No comments:
Post a Comment