Monday, August 6, 2012

Justin and Nicole's Wedding

Aaron's sister got married on August 4th! We met Justin at Thanksgiving last year and we were really excited when they got engaged! Aaron had climbed the Grand and then was able to hang out all week with his family before the wedding - they even went up to the cabin. I was jealous but I had to work - and had to take the week after off since my brother was also getting married (and no one wants to fly out twice!).

I flew into SLC late Thursday night and almost didn't make it (flights were delayed/cancelled all over the place and I ended up being rerouted through Atlanta and put on standby to SLC). Talyn (Colby's fiance/now wife) picked me up at the airport and I stayed at her parent's house that night and then I drove Colby's car (he was still in TX) up to Idaho for the weekend. I arrived and had Cafe Rio waiting for me :) and then we got to work helping to set everything up! The night before there was a BBQ/dinner at a local park and we played a few games and got to meet some of Justin's family. We also took Nicole out for some froyo with her bridesmaids and had a little bachelorette party. Darien was awesome - "Bachelorette in the House!!"



We were up late setting up and folding napkins - I think the maximum amount of sleep achieved by adults was about 3-4 hours? The following morning the sealing was around 9am and after pictures and lunch we were right back at the reception putting on the final touches. The decorations were beautiful. We had a seated dinner complete with toasts and then after that there was a fun reception. We also sent off lanterns like they do in Tangled. Awesome.














Sunday morning everyone got up and headed out. I drove Eric, Darien, and Audi to the airport in SLC and then headed to Nate and Lacey's house. Aaron flew back to Richmond from Idaho Falls to start his fall semester of school Monday morning.

No comments: