Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Big 24

I turned 24 in March. Kind of a big deal. I was going to be gone on my actual birthday in DC for a rotation (that will get it's own post), so we celebrated the weekend before. We went to eat at Amuse, the new restaurant at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts (delicious!!) and then visited the Picasso exhibit afterwards. We also became members of VMFA (can't beat that $10 student rate!). It was a delightful birthday celebration. My internship class also took me out for dinner at Ipanema Cafe complete with delicious vegan pie.

On my actual birthday, I was at my grandpa's in Maryland while doing a rotation in DC. It was also my first day there. He, my uncle, and I went out for Chinese food and then hung out afterwards. (So fitting too - my grandparents always used to visit in March for mine and my brother's birthdays and Asian food was a usual cuisine for mine) I'm grateful for all the peeps who remembered me and called or texted or facebooked. It was all very much appreciated.

No comments: