I passed the RD exam this morning!
I'm officially a registered dietitian!
I decided awhile ago that I was going to go on vacation for a week after graduation, spend 2 weeks full-time studying, and then take it. However, once I got back from out of town, I only had about 10 days to study and there were of course other things to take care of. Needless to say, I was freaking out. I felt prepared but there are always things you just don't know. I had to take the test in Hampton, VA (near the beach) so it was about a two hour drive. My friend Sarah let me stay with her in Williamsburg last night which is a little over halfway there, and spent the whole evening reviewing with me. This morning, when I sat down in front of the testing computer, I started to cry a little. I had spent a LONG time trying to get to this point and here I was! I was praying I wouldn't screw it up. I flew through it in a little over an hour and only had to do the minimum of 125 questions (there is a max of 145). I apparently did really well (the score is scaled and I don't understand it - that's just what my program director told me). Anyways, I'm finally an RD and I'm so happy!!!
In other news, I accepted a real job last week as a PRN clinical dietitian at Henrico Doctor's Hospital here in Richmond! I start orientation and training on Monday. I will be working at all three hospital locations rotating Saturdays and covering for other RDs when they are on vacation. This should be a great job for me as I finish my last semester of grad school although I'm still hoping to find another part time job as well.

8 comments:
Dear Lauren Crabtree Laird RD,
I am sOOOOOOOOO proud of you. I knew you would succeed on your test . . and I am glad the stress of it is over for you.
Now that you are an RD I will need to get your professional opinion on "sprouting". I went to a class on it last night and am curious as usual about the fact versus fiction.
You have accomplished a lot in the past few years and the next few months you will be putting the cherry on top of all this training by being awarded your masters degree.
Congrats Lauren I know how good that feels! That's awesome that you got a job, too! I'm excited for you and can't wait to hear how it goes!
Congrats! That is so awesome. Good luck on the new job too!
That is so awesome Lauren! Way to go, all your hard work payed off. So glad that things have gone great and that you already have a job, what a blessing! Good luck with everything lady :)
Congrats on passing and on the job!! Good luck with your last semester of school!!
Congrats, Lauren! I'm sure it is nice to feel like all your hard work is really paying off. Good luck finishing school and starting your new job!
Congrats, congrats! That's so exciting! You have worked so hard and deserve to be rewarded for all of the effort!
Congrats!! You are amazing! so exciting about your new job too! Hope you celebrated big for both awesome accomplishments!
Post a Comment