We went out of town AGAIN the second weekend in April. We had a good reason though...to visit the Washington DC temple and my grandpa in Maryland. My grandpa lives in Idaho in the summers and Maryland in the winters, but we found out he was leaving earlier than expected because he found a renter for six months. So we spent Saturday evening and all Sunday with him, eating his food, playing poker, and watching the Masters. My grandpa is so fun. It's nice to have some family close by.
I wish I had snapped some pictures of the cherry blossoms. They were beautiful.
On another note, It's hard to believe it's been a year since my grandma passed away; since she suffered from Alzheimer's, it feels like it's been longer than that. I know she's in a much better place where she has a sound mind. I'm sad Aaron never got to meet the Grandma Jone of my childhood. My grandpa bought her flowers and put them on his little "shrine" to her. It was so sweet - he misses her so much. My aunts Jenny and Ellen also sent us this picture that reminded them of her.

2 comments:
What a nice tribute to both your grandparents. I'm so touched that you feel that way. I'm really glad you spent that weekend with grandpa. By the way . . .his contract fell through .. so he's not going to ID now until mid May.
Love you BOTH!
He did get another contract though - but for the usual summer season.
Post a Comment