Saturday, April 3, 2010

Spring Break - Park City

We spent the rest of our Spring Break in Park City with my parents and my uncle Rob. We had a fun trip filled with skiing and March Madness. I loved it. 

These pictures are from our last day when Aaron rented skis instead of using his board. He is a pretty good skier. I personally hope he switches back to skiing. :)
We had great days of Spring Skiing, it wasn't too slushy or icy, and lessons with Nelson...our favorite ski instructor.
Nelson said to me, "It's a shame you don't live closer, I could turn you into a really good skier."
If only I had started skiing earlier...I could have been that "really good skier" while living in Utah.

 Me, Rob, and Mom with Nelson

We also tried the public Nastar race. Basically, you can race against a friend and the clock. On Saturday, I won (amongst the family) with a time of 24.7 seconds or something like that. On Sunday, I won again with time of 23.3 seconds and if I had wanted to, I could have purchased a bronze medal to go along with that time! I was pretty proud of myself! I am amazed at how much I love skiing and how all of my skills seemed to have stayed with me since last year.

Another highlight of the trip was BYU's NCAA tournament success. We timed our lunch break perfectly on Thursday to watch the last few minutes of regulation and then two overtimes of BYU's game against Florida! We were ecstatic to watch BYU's first tourney victory in 17 years!

Watching the game

This is Rob's first real experience with basketball..he's definitely more of a soccer fan.



One day we had lunch at the base of Silver Star Lift. It was sunny.

I also tried a huckleberry soda. It was pretty good.

We also ate at Cafe Rio (I really miss that place), went bowling at Jupiter Bowl, saw Alice in Wonderland in 3D (our first 3D movie...not sure it was necessary), and celebrated my birthday.


We had my birthday dinner at the Chimayo Restaurant in downtown Park City. Before dinner, me, Aaron, my dad, and Emily watched the first half of the BYU-Kansas State game at a sports bar. Let's just say halftime was a good time to leave...
Chiamayo had southwestern food but in "nontraditional" ways. I ordered Elk, my mom ordered Buffalo, and Emily ordered Salmon and we shared (of course) so we could try everything. I thought the Elk was the best but it was all soooo good. We also had a Mexican Chocolate Fondue for dessert. Delicious!

Here's my Elk:
My mom's Buffalo:
My dad's ribs:


 Aaron's Sea Bass (which he raved about):

The MEN

We failed to get a good  picture of all the ladies.


Emily and I


Aaron left on Saturday night to get back for school on Monday and I stayed an extra day. We went skiing another day and also saw The Young Victoria, which was a really good movie. 

I bid goodbye to my parents only to be reunited with them again four days later...

No comments: